Monday, January 10, 2011

Athlete's Spotlight with CASSIE BROOKS


Q. What are your goals going into this season?
A. This season my goals are to go to the championships indoor and out, and just to leave each track meet with no regrets!

Q. What has last year thought you during your track season?
A. . Last year has taught me that in my event I have to be aggressive, confident, and consistent. Each time I step on the track I need to have a mind set that I've already won, all I have to do is show up.

Q. What do you think will it take for you to make the NCAA Division II Championships this season?
A. To make the championships this year, I need to believe in myself and use one of the many gifts God has blessed me with.

Q. What are you getting you degree in?
A. I am majoring in Exercise Science to become a physical therapist and will have minor in business.

Q. Tell us something that no one knows about Cassie Brooks.
A. I'm a really hard worker!

Q. When did you start Track and Field?
A. I began track in the 7th grade and running hurdles my junior year in high school

Q. What do you do outside of Track and Field?
A. Besides track at ACU, I am a cheerleader and apart of a group called L.Y.N.A.Y. (love your neighbor as yourself). Lynay is a community servant leadership program. To become apart of Lynay you have to do 20 hours of community service each semester while keeping a G.P.A of 3.0 and above. So each week I find some time to volunteer at University church of Christ and serve food to the members. In my free time I love to sleep, eat, and just relax and watch some tv!

No comments:

Post a Comment